The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello, Hello!

Today is the official start of the beginning and end of my life. Do you want to know why? Of course you do. Today was the day that I got the plot idea for the new book I am going to write. For this story-the second serious one that I WILL finish-I am going to give myself a year and a half deadline. I don't know if I'll finish by then, or even if I'll still be writing the book. Only Jesus Christ knows what will happen.

Back to the beginning and end of my life part. It is the beginning because I've considered writing a whole novel before, but the 15,000 words that I wrote in the month of June and 1/4 of July last year had to be deleted due to a virus. (I wish I had a zip drive or whatever those are called) But now that I have thought up a detailed plot and a constructive outline and characters, I'm ready to start again.

It is the end because writing a book takes a long time. My fellow writers will agree with me. It's not as easy as it looks. But I'm willing to do it.

I'm not going to post my plot on this blog for the fear of someone stealing it is constantly nagging at me. The only information I can tell you is the names of my two main characters: Miranda and Colin.

Every Friday I am going to post on my book's progress.

-Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Did you sub to/invite for friends/comment on ILuvRobPattinson's channel today? If so, I tried to reply to everything, but it kept telling me your youtube channel was unavalible. I just wanted to say thank you and that I'm glad you like the vlogs and find them helpful!

    Best of luck!

    w/ <3,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete